This is personal… my founder story.
Many years ago, I decided to quit my corporate IT & Management Consulting career and dedicate my time and skills to doing my own thing. The decision, as scary as it was, was the best I’ve ever made. Now, I don’t have a fancy story of being broke or burned out, but I just got fed up, bored and started dreaming about another type of lifestyle.
There was this particular situation that made me jump off the cliff:
I had just come back from my 1st maternity leave, and back in my suit. In a meeting, we talked about the projects we were currently running. I had a moment of shock and asked:
“Are we still dealing with this? I’ve been home for 9 months and you haven’t moved on, at all?”
I knew then: I needed to take off.
- I’m an entrepreneur to the bone.
- I can’t deal with ridiculous company politics.
- I can’t deal with rules like working in the office if that’s not the place where I do my best work.
- I can’t deal with ‘we’ve tried that before and it didn’t work’ mentality.
- I can’t deal with ‘that’s not our problem‘ mentality.
- Or, what I definitely can’t deal with is needing to ask whether I can have a day, week or 3 months off…
So, as some of my wonderful former bosses might remember, I was a difficult one 😉
I started a business that I thought would be THE business I’d run forever. I was wrong. That was my try-business. An amazing experience, but the business model didn’t serve me. I longed to get back to consulting, but I wanted to do it my way. I also fell in love with coaching!
Something amazing happened too, which often happens to many seasoned entrepreneurs:
- I learned to package all that I had learned and re-designed my new business.
- I connected with a very cool, a tad underground group of other business builders all over the world. People who are doing cool things, and living their lives as they want.
- I got it right the second time. Now I’m not sure if this is my ‘forever business’ (is there such?) but what I do know is this:
- If you don’t try, you don’t know.
- Building a business is a work in progress all the time. As soon as you think you ‘got it’… there’s another challenge just around the corner.
- Also, you don’t have to spend years before you can make money. You can accelerate your progress and hit the ground running. How? By getting help!
At Avenue, we usually work with entrepreneurs who’ve been in business for years, and now experience one or many of the following problems:
- ready to grow to the next level but don’t quite know how to do it. New level, new set of strategies, atctics, riatuals and beliefs.
- overwhelm, business is no longer fun. Massive change is needed!
- the business model no longer works for them. Again, there are so many business models to choose from, you just need to design it right!
I’ve also recently experienced many corporate employees to reach out to us since they are done with their corporate careers and desperately wanting a change. This could be due to the same reasons as I had, or something totally different.
Luckily, my team and I are well-equipped to guide them through the process. The strategy, the tactics, the beliefs, the rituals…
All necessary to grow a real business.
Systematically, and lovingly, we guide you through, and help you implement, these key growth activators:
- help you to create products/services your customers cannot refuse AND are scalable which means you can grow! This is a strategic design matter.
- help you to build marketing and sales systems that work. We don’t mess around with top-level nonsense such as “what hashtags should I use?” but rather engineer systems that are trackable, and do one thing: make sales. This is a strategic engineering matter.
- help you to build a process for visibility: a 2-way approach to brand & leadership positioning where we decide what actions you should be taking to gain a leading position in your market place. And this is about confidence, mostly (and of course, having a great plan!)
Side result: great work process flow, less stress, more fun.
Another side result: a new level of attractive confidence.
You see, these things are not one-size-fits-all but every business is unique, that’s why our programs are tailored for you. If you’re looking for a business strategist who knows what you should be doing right now, regardless if you’re a beginner or ready to change your models, level up your game, and grow your company, you should get in touch!
How can you get started?
- Click to view our programs and learn how we can (or cannot) help you.
- Send me a message and let’s talk about your dreams and ambitions.
We can help if you:
- Are a B2B / B2C service provider: coaching, consulting, design, architecture, local business…
- Have an online business: e-com, courses, programs…
- Want to start / grow your own business consulting & coaching company (read more here)…
And not if:
- You don’t own (or plan to) your product / service / brand
- You don’t want to learn smart, modern growth strategies and technics
- You’re not serious about your business
I and my team can’t wait to hear about your cool ideas!
PS. we speak Swedish, English, Russian, Spanish and occasionally even Finnish with a Swedish accent (I am told) 🙂
PPS. the first image is taken in our favorite place Marbella. We recently spent an amazing summer there: whole 9 weeks of hanging out with family (those are our kids) and friends. I am very grateful to have designed my business and LIFE in a way that enables that.